Tuesday, May 8, 2018

5 Best Home Improvements For Plumbing

Well, here I am, 40 years later at the tail end of a two-year project to install city sewers in my sub-division. I’ve been very fortunate in that I’ve really never had any major issues with my septic tank over the years. I attribute that to regular treatments of a live bacteria enzyme along with good luck. Every one of my neighbors experienced many problems with their systems over the years and in some cases had to have their septic tanks replaced or at minimum pumped on a regular basis. By regular I mean every three months or so, the normal time interval for a pumping would be a year. The problem is that everyone including myself had their washing machines emptying into their septic tanks which in the septic world is the kiss of death! When the soap from the washing machine cools down, it solidifies causing the holes in the leaching pit to clog and allowing the water to back into the septic tank and then into the house. Not a very pretty sight! Eventually, everyone started to divert the washing machine waste in some creative ways. Some had dry wells installed in their backyards while others ran a 3″ piece of p.v.c. pipe under their front lawns and out thru the curb into the street.

http://www.bobsplumbingvideos.com/setic-tank-septic-tank-replacement/

No Cold Showers: because the water is heated up as you need it, there’s no running out and no chilly showers. By comparison, a 50-gallon electrical storage water heater can take over an hour to entirely recuperate the warm water. Lasts Longer: most tankless units have a 10-15 year warranty and can last approximately 20 years before needing replacement. Storage tank devices generally have a 6-year warranty and only last 8-10 years. This means that you may go through 2-3 storage hot water heaters in the lifecycle of one tankless device. No Energy Waste: you conserve energy by simply heating up the water when you need it. While container water heater waste power heating water you aren’t using, the tankless unit save energy by only making use of gas when you need warm water. Saves Space: tankless devices can be put almost anywhere in your home. It can be hung up on the wall, either inside or outside your house (depending on your location). Consequently, you gain useful flooring or storage room space. By contrast, a storage water heater is very bulky; a 40-60 gallon tank measures on average 60″ tall and 24″ wide (most of them are installed on the floor).

https://stopwaterheaterleaking.com/switch-to-a-tankless-water-heater-why-its-a-good-idea-and-why-its-a-bad-idea/

Christmas bathroom ideas for kids and their elf on a shelf. One of the best parts of the day is waking up and looking to see where the elf has gone and what they have been up to in the night. You can find them in many different places throughout the house. However, one of the best places to find them is in the bathroom. So, here are some Christmas bathroom ideas from people who have found their elf on a shelf being a little mischievous in their bathroom. These little guys decided to make the bathroom sink their own personal pond. Anything that floats is good to use for this Christmas bathroom idea and the fishing pole is an easy make. All you need is a little stick or candy cane for the pole and yarn for the fishing line. 5-minute craft and they are ready to go fishing. Out of all the Christmas bathroom ideas, this one is by far the cutest and the easiest.

http://www.expressplumbingidaho.com/blog/christmas-bathroom-ideas-kids/

"was it wet?" It was soaked, I said "yes. The technician said is leaking " from the bottom". I said it could be leaking 1/2 way up - but the technician was adamant that the heater was leaking from the bottom. The technician said that. I would have to accept an appointment from a SEARS technician who would confirm that the water heater tank was leaking- a $79 service call. This visit was scheduled 5 days from my call. If the technician agreed that the tank was leaking he could arrange for a replacement - taking another 24-48 hours or more, if the unit was available. And this could be delivered and SEARS installed "for a fee". The potential charge for shipping ad installation - that had to be SEARS installed in order for the replacement scheduled for sometime towards the end of the following week - if the unit was in stock. The phone technician said I should make arrangements for bathing at a neighbor's home and I could heat water on my cooking Gordontheplumber.com West Chicago IL Dupage County range for washing up between showers and for cooking.

http://www.hot-water-heaters-reviews.com/power-miser-9-gas-water-heater.html

I’m sitting here in my office with a totally blank slate. So rather than racking my brains out trying to decide what content to create, I’m going to ask my subscribers. I need your HELP! What Videos would you like me to post? After 40 years in the service business, I lose sight of the fact that my daily adventures don’t seem all that important to me. But I’m probably missing the fact that what comes second nature to me, may be of great interest and really valuable to you. So again I ask, what Plumbing Videos / Basic Plumbing Repairs do you want me to create? Do you really want to see major plumbing alterations and repairs? Are you more interested in the materials, tools or the techniques to get a job done? Plumbing repair covers a very wide range of tasks ranging from very simple fixes to very elaborate and beyond. Below I’ve created a simple survey and would appreciate your participation!

http://www.bobsplumbingvideos.com/help/

No comments:

Post a Comment